Elizabeth is a privately-owned hotel, located midway between the centre of the village with its restaurants and shops, and the Nagasaka gondola station. We offer Japanese-style rooms and western-style rooms, all with views of the village or the mountains. We speak Chinese, English, and Japanese.
We would like every guest to say they’ll be back soon!
- Offering comfortable, simple accommodation to its guests, we hope to convince you to fall in love with the village, even if you originally came just for the amazing skiing on the mountain. The owner is a Japan-trained Taiwanese potter and you might catch a glimpse of her at her wheel during your stay.
- The hotel is perfectly located between O-Yu dori, the main street, and the main gondola at Nagasaka. It is a 3-minute slow walk to the home slope.
- As you’d expect in Nozawa Onsen, there’s a big steamy bath for guests to soak at the end of the day.
- All room rates include a complimentary continental breakfast.
- Our front desk staff speak Chinese, English, and Japanese. Their job is to make sure you have the best stay possible.
- Our cosy lobby with its log fire is our guests’ favourite hang-out space. We provide books, games, and free coffee and tea all day.
- Our bedrooms are a mix of classic Japanese, with wood everywhere, the texture of tatami underfoot, and fluffy futons that’ll give you the best night’s rest you’ve had for years; western, with a cosy mountain-village alpine feel; and mixed Japanese and western with the best of both worlds.
- All rooms have an ensuite toilet, and either a compact bath, or shower. All rooms have free wi-fi, a room safe, a Bluetooth speaker, and a kettle and tea (and handmade mugs).
- All rooms have internet-enabled television.
- All rooms are non-smoking.
- There’s a ski room and drying room.
- We have limited parking spaces (please request your parking space when you book your accommodation; there is a small charge per night).
- Unfortunately Elizabeth can’t accept pets, and the guestrooms are not wheelchair-accessible.
- Elizabeth opens in the winter season, from December through to March, and at other periods by special arrangement.
We would like every guest to leave saying that they’ll be back soon!